Define Your WHY: Chapter 11: WHY Surround Yourself with People who Believe in You?
In this chapter, you can build your Personal Learning Network (PLN) and learn how your believers can support your message. You can share ways to develop your network with people by using questions to ask yourself who believes in you and your message. There are face-to-face opportunities and strategies on how to use social media. Several people share stories about how they built their network along with resources to help you build and grow your own PLN.
- Twitter EDU by David Truss: http://DavidTruss.com/TwitterEdu
- Podcast Episode #34: Dream – Create – Learn with David Truss
- David Truss’ Website: http://pairadimes.davidtruss.com/
- EduMatch Tweet and Talk: http://podcasts.edumatch.org/tweettalk
- #educhatlist: Google sites
- Social Media Apps
- Podcast Episode #59: Moving Students from Digital Citizenship to Digital Leadership with Jennifer Casa-Todd http://bit.ly/episode59-casatodd
- Jennifer Casa-Todd’s websites Websites: https://jcasatodd.com, https://www.socialleadia.org/
- After reading David Truss’s story, how will you use Twitter to build your personal learning network?
- Review the Twitter chats. Check out several of the chats and participate in Barbara’s #rethink_learning chat. What did you like about the chat? Make sure you follow several new people on Twitter.
- What other social media apps do you use? How do you use them to build your PLN?
- What is your goal(s) to build your PLN? Based on your goal, how will you determine the tags, keywords, and hashtags you can use to find and follow others?
- After reading Jennifer Casa-Todd’s story, what do you think of her quote “social media is social currency for young people?”
- How do you use social media for digital leadership?
- Do you regularly attend any conferences or meetings? How do they help you grow?
- What conferences, professional learning opportunities, meetings, and other types of sessions would you like to attend in the future?
Go to Chapter 12