Creative Learning Strategist
- To facilitate the design of innovative strategies and learner-centered environments that motivate and engage learners to bring creativity and joy to learning.
- To provide high-quality professional learning opportunities and resources that support teachers, administrators, trainers, mentors, coaches, and learners.
- To shake up the system so we don’t mess up our children’s future. Check out this movie trailer from rethinking movie.
- 1997 – Present: Owner/Founder, Computer Strategies, LLC
- 2008 – Present: Creative Learning Strategist, Rethinking Learning
- 2000 – Present: Owner/Founder of My eCoach.
- 2012 – 2017: Co/Founder, Creative Learning Officer, Personalize Learning, LLC
Facilitator / Strategic Plans and Events
- 2017: Facilitated the design for criteria and continuums for personalized learning for Springs Charter Schools.
- 2014: Facilitated the design of coaching program with Pinellas County Schools.
- 4/10 – 6/10: Facilitated and wrote the strategic plan for New Tech Network’s online community.
- 2000 – 2010: Managed and coordinated 100+ coaches around the country.
- 1/09 – 3/10: Facilitator for coaching program for the Brokers of Expertise for California Department of Education and Imperial County Office of Education. QA of BOE site.
- 2006 – 2009: Designed principal candidates Individual Development Plan for New Teacher Center.
- 2005-2006: Facilitator/consultant for the design of DEN (Discovery Educators Network).
- 2000-2003: Facilitated and coordinated Technology Showcases for Oakland USD.
- 1999 – 2000: Facilitated the development of a technology scope and sequence for Miraloma Elementary in San Francisco USD.
- 1998-1999: Facilitated with Oakland USD district office Sharing the Vision workshop.
- 1997 – 1999: Facilitated design of Mt. Eden High School, Hayward USD Digital High School grant.
- 1996 – 1998: Designed an online technology assessment based on ISTE NETS for teachers that generated individual learning plans with appropriate learning opportunities.
Trainer / Coach
- 2017: Coaching 5th-grade teachers, science resource teacher, and principal at Fairmont Elementary, El Cerrito on how to create learner-centered environments.
- 2011-2012: Coached grade level teachers at Live Oak Elementary, San Ramon USD, CA on appropriate technologies and develop collaborative projects.
- 10/10-7/11: Trainer and keynote speaker at Mid-Pacific Institute, Honolulu, HI for PD day 10/8/10 on PBL. Facilitated week-long PBL playshop on PBL 7/11.
- 6/10 – 6/11: Trainer for Oakland Unified School District, technology coach for Madison Middle School and Frick Middle School.
- 1992 – 2006: Provided technology integration and train-the-trainer workshops at the district Technology Learning Center for Oakland USD from 1992-2006.
- 1996 – 2007: Contractor for Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Mateo County Office of Educations’ technology integration classes. Provided training and coaching for Napa and Solano County Offices of Education as CTAP consultant.
- 1995 – 2000: Offered technology workshops on-site and presentations at retreats for Bentley School, Berkeley, CA, and Seven Hills School, Walnut Creek, CA.
- 1993 – 2000: Consultant as part of the CTAP IV team for Technology Leadership Academies, grant groomer for Digital High School and Technology Challenge grants and presenter on professional development strategies.
- 9/10 – 9/12: Professional Development Chair for ISTE SIGilt
- 1993 – 2000: Consultant, CTAP IV.
- 1995-2000: Served on Community Education Foundation for San Leandro.
- 3/96 & 10/96: Net Day Volunteer for Oakland Unified School District.
- 1991, 1994-97: Regional Planning Committee for the Fall CUE Conferences.
- 1993-1998: East Bay CUE board of directors as program chair, vice-president, and technology fair chair.
- 2016-2017: Trained the Personalized Learning coaches for Fulton County Schools, Georgia.
- 2013-2015: Trained the Personalized Learning coaches for Verona Area Schools, Wisconsin.
- 2013-2014: Trained the Personalized Learning coaches for Henry County School District, Georgia.
- 06/09 -2015: Coached National University faculty and support providers as they create and manage learning community and private rooms for 300+ National Board Certified Teachers.
- 2006 – 2010: Provided training and ongoing coaching support for facilitators from Leadership Services of San Diego County Office of Education who trained over 600 principals completing AB430 Module 3.
- 2007 – Present: Trained coach and faculty to set up online learning communities for Stanford University Foreign Language Department workshops and coaching programs. Provides ongoing coaching support for coach and faculty.
- 2007 – 2009: Trained 37 district and site coaches on collaborative tools who support over 400 teachers. Coached art specialists for LAUSD Arts Education Branch as they develop Arts Instructional Guides for each discipline using online community tools.
- 2006 – 2009: Provided training and ongoing support for coaches and principal candidates for the New Teacher Center, UCSC.
- 2005 – 2011: Training and ongoing coaching of faculty at San Francisco State University to provide online communities for over 30 sections of ITEC 601, 711, 712, and 816 Courses.
- 2006 – 2009: Trained and provided ongoing support for 37 eMentors of Pinellas County Schools in Florida for K-12 cross-age project-based learning activities with over 109 teachers.
- 2005 – 2007: Trained and provided ongoing support for coaches of the eMINTS program around the state of Missouri.
- 2005 – 2007: Trained and provided ongoing support for technology coaches from 5 ESD Regional Centers for the OSPI’s No Limit Math Program in 150 classrooms around the state of Washington. Set up Individual Learning Plans with learning community for Washington TLD Special Education teachers across the state.
- 2004 – 2006: Trained and coached district technology specialists to set up coaching program for elementary teachers in Doddridge County Schools, West Virginia.
- 2003 – 2006: Trained lead teachers from 32 school districts in ESC Region XV, San Angelo, Texas on project-based learning and collaborative lesson building based on TEKS standards.
- 2005 – 2006: Trained and provided ongoing coaching support for technology specialists from Regions CESA 10 and 12 in Wisconsin in designing lessons aligned to Wisconsin technology standards.
- 1999 – 2003: Trained the mentors at Albany High School and provided one-on-one coaching support for the teachers on technology integration.
- 5/2017: Future Focus Conference, Keynote: Future of Learning, workshop, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- 2/2017: Learning and the Brain Conference: 3-hour workshop, San Francisco, CA
- 12/2016 TIES Conference: Spotlight speaker with 4 sessions, Minneapolis, MN
- 11/2016: 4H for Northern California Keynote and workshop, Sonoma, CA
- 10/2016: Workshop Portola Valley USD with teachers, Portola Valley, CA
- 1991-present: CUE conferences pop-up sessions, workshops, panels, and regular sessions.
- 6/98 – present: ISTE conference: Spotlight session at in San Diego on staff development, presenter each year on coaching, personalized learning, professional learning, etc. workshop voted “Best of NECC” 2005.
- 1993 – 2009: Guest speaker for Cal State East Bay, San Francisco State, and UC Berkeley.
- 1996 – 1998: Part-time Faculty for St. Mary’s College School of Education -clear credential classes.
- 2003-2007: Presenter/Exhibitor: NECC, CUE, MACUL/ CLMS/TCEA/FETC conferences
- 1996-2000: CEEA conferences in South SF, Long Beach, and Anaheim
- 1995-2000: Teachers Helping Teachers conferences in Cupertino
- Feb. 1997: Two spotlight sessions at the Fresno CUE Conference
- 1996 & 2002: Region II’s conference for the Butte County Office of Education
- March 1996: National Art Education Association Conference
- 1996-2005: NCCE Conferences, Oregon and Washington
- 1996-2015: I-CUE Central CUE, CapCUE Conferences, other CUE affiliate conferences
- 1994: Presented in Troistke, Russia at Bytic Conference on Technology Planning, Video.
- 1982-1986: Instructor, Chabot Community College
Writer / Grant Writer
- 10/2016: Co-author, How to Personalize Learning
- 10/2014: Co-author, Make Learning Personal
- 5/2013: Feature Article “A Step-by-Step Guide to Personalize Learning” Learning and Leading Journal, ISTE.
- 1997 – 2014: Wrote Professional Development column for the OnCUE Journal.
- 1/11 – 5/11: Facilitated the design of online courses for Curriki.
- 2000 – 2009: Wrote Professional Development Quick Tips (PDQs) for Techlearning.com.
- 1998 – 1999: Created materials and presentations on professional development for CTAP statewide Digital High School institutes in 1998-99 (325 schools).
- 1998 – 2002: Facilitated Oakland USD’s Technology Literacy Challenge Grants design and implementation of staff development for 5th through 8th-grade teachers.
- 1992-1998: Reviewer for Technology and Learning and Software Clearinghouse
- 1986-2000: Grant Reader/Groomer, AB1470, SB1510, Building the Future, DHS grants
- 1989-1990: Grant Writer AB1470 San Leandro USD middle schools.
- 2002: Chapter in Administrator’s Guide to Technology on Technology PD.
- Winter, 2000: “Planning for Professional Development” Today’s School.
November 1999: “8 Steps to Effective Staff Development” L&L,. ISTE.
- 1996-1998: Column for CUE newsletter “Technology Coordinator’s Desk.”
- Spring, 1999: George Lucas Foundation: “Ten Steps to Effective Staff Development”
- 9/98 & 1999: Interviewed for Converge Magazine, Walzcak, B. 9/98 & 3/99
- Fall, 1998: “Technology Staff Development from a Different Angle” CSLA Journal
- Aug. 1995: “Technology CAN make Change Happen.” EBCUE Newsletter
- Nov, 1994: “Rationale and Strategies for Technology Planning.” EBCUE Newsletter
- 1992-1993: Facilitated Strategic Technology Plan for Orinda Union School District.
Education and Awards
- 2018: TeachSDGs Ambassador
- 2014: Ed Tech Digest Trending Organization, Personalize Learning, LLC
- 2009: Platinum Disk Award, Computer Using Educators (CUE)
- 2006: Google Certified Teacher, First Cohort
- 1998: Masters Certificate in Education Technology Leadership – Cal State East Bay
- 1998: Gold Disk Award, Computer Using Educators (CUE)
- 1996: Friend of Education, San Leandro Unified School District
- 1992: Friend of Education, Association of California School Administrators
- 1977: Bachelor of Arts, San Francisco State University