rethink learning to bring joy, creativity, and innovation into learner-centered environments
- I believe…
My heart is so heavy after what happened in Parkland, FL on Valentine’s Da...
- Episode #32: Connect, Collaborate, Create with Sylvia Duckworth
Sylvia Duckworth is an author, sketchnoter, AIM French teacher recently retired,...
- Continuum of Ownership: From Compliance to Autonomy
Continuum of Ownership graphic by Sylvia Duckworth with content originally by Ba...
- Episode #31: Awakening Wisdom with Linda Inlay
Linda Inlay started an independent school in Hawaii in 1986 called Ho`āla. Ho`āl...
- Inquiry Mindset Review
I was fortunate to have received a draft of Inquiry Mindset written by Trevor Ma...
2/24-2/25/18: 5Sigma Conference, Kickoff Keynote on Learner Agency, Anastasis Academy, Centennial, CO
3/5-3/8/18: SXSW EDU, Future20 presentation on Passion and Purpose: What is your Why? 3/5, Austin, TX
3/14/18-3/17/18: CUE Conference, Build Your Toolkit So Learners Develop Agency and Become Future Ready. Session 7: Friday 12:30-1:30, Palm Springs, CA
6/24-6/27/18: ISTE 2018 Conference, Learner Profile, Backpack and Plan: Helping Discover The Purpose for Learning: Monday 4:30-5:30 (Time/Place may change), Chicago, IL
Access Webinar on Meeting ESSA Guidelines with UDL/Personalized Learning hosted by @EdWeek and sponsored by @itslearning
Recent Podcasts interviewing Barbara:
- The Dr. Joy Show Leading Change and Empowering Others!
- Pair-a-Dimes, Dave Truss Podcast Episode #17
- Kids Deserve It Podcast #91 with Adam and Todd
- 10 Minute Teacher Episode 174 with Vicki Davis
- Personalized Learning with Matt & Courtenay Episode #17
Barbara is an author, speaker, podcaster, coach, and change maker who is passionate about transforming teaching and learning. She guides educators with UDL, design thinking, strategic planning, and coaching programs to create learner-centered environments. She takes personal and professional learning deeper by empowering agency for all learners. Barbara is ready to be there for you with…
- Keynotes/Speaking Engagements
- Playshops and Retreats
- Consulting/Strategic Planning
- Redesigning Learning Environments
- Writing Opportunities
- Designing Coaching programs
- Twitter hashtag #rethink_learning