rethink learning to bring joy, creativity, and innovation into learner-centered environments
- Episode #23: Inspiring Kids to Greatness with Darren Ellwein
Darren Ellwein has been principal of Harrisburg South Middle School, Harrisburg,...
- Episode #22: Collaboration and Creativity in Education with Leigh Hynes
Leigh Hynes is from Taupo, New Zealand. She has been employed by the University...
- Join the Random Acts of Kindness Movement
Don’t you think the world is ready for Random Acts of Kindness? There is a...
- Episode #21: Modeling Behaviors We Want to See with Starr Sackstein
Starr Sackstein is Director of Humanities K-12 in West Hempstead Union Free Scho...
- Design Thinking Process with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
School tends to be about teaching to the test and addressing each standard more...
8/28/17-11/26/17: “Making Learning Personal” course for Fulton County Schools, Georgia coordinated with district coaching teams
10/26/17: UKedchat 2017 Conference: Develop Learner Agency in Session 8
11/13/17 3:00 PM PT: Global Education Conference presentation: “Use Design Thinking to Integrate Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) into STEM”
12/11-12/12/17: Blended Learning Personalized Learning Conference, Columbus, OH. Learning Lab and 4 mini-sessions
Recent Podcasts interviewing Barbara:
- Pair-a-Dimes, Dave Truss Podcast Episode #17
- Kids Deserve It Podcast #91 with Adam and Todd
- 10 Minute Teacher Episode 174 with Vicki Davis
- Personalized Learning with Matt & Courtenay Episode #17
2/24/18-2/25/18: Keynote address for 5 Sigma Conference, Anastasis Academy in Centennial, CO
3/14/18-3/17/18: CUE Conference, Palm Springs
Barbara is an author, speaker, podcaster, coach, and change maker who is passionate about transforming teaching and learning. She guides educators with Universal Design for Learning®, design thinking, and coaching programs to create learner-centered environments. She takes personal and professional learning deeper by empowering agency for all learners bringing creativity, joy, and innovation to learning environments. Barbara is ready to be there for you with…
- Keynotes and Speaking Engagements
- “Conversations on Learning” podcasts
- Playshops and Retreats
- Consulting and Strategic Planning
- Redesigning Learning Environments
- Writing Opportunities
- Coaching programs
- Twitter hashtag #rethink_learning