rethink learning to bring joy, creativity, and innovation into learner-centered environments
- Episode #27: Authenticity, Transparency, and Culture with Abbie Forbus
Abbie Forbus is the Director of Teaching and Learning for KnowledgeWorks. She ta...
- Episode #26: Focus on the What Ifs for a Culture of YES with Eric Sheninger
Eric is an author, innovator, and speaker. He is a Senior Fellow and Thought Lea...
- Continuum of Voice
The Continuum of Voice visual above was designed by Sylvia Duckworth @sylviaduck...
- Episode #25: Building the Why for Learning with Mike Mohammad
Michael Mohammad, a high school science teacher in Elmbrook School District in W...
- Top 10 Rethinking Learning Posts in 2017
2017 was an interesting year. I decided to go in a new direction this past year...
1/25-1/27/18: EduCON Session 1 January 25. Conversation on “Discover the Why for Learning.” Science Leadership Academy, Philadelphia, PA
2/14/18: EdWeek Webinar: Meeting ESSA Guidelines with UDL/Personalized Learning. 11am PT, 2pm ET Hosted by itsLearning.
2/24-2/25/18: 5Sigma Conference, Kickoff Keynote on Learner Agency, Anastasis Academy, Centennial, CO
3/5-3/8/18: SXSW EDU, Future20 presentation on Passion and Purpose: What is your Why? 3/5, Austin, TX
3/14/18-3/17/18: CUE Conference, Build Your Toolkit So Learners Develop Agency and Become Future Ready. Session 7: Friday 12:30-1:30, Palm Springs, CA
6/24-6/27/18: ISTE 2018 Conference, Learner Profile, Backpack and Plan: Helping Discover The Purpose for Learning: Monday 4:30-5:30 (Time/Place may change), Chicago, IL
Vote for Barbara’s ISTE 2018 Personal Choice session:
Use Design Thinking to Integrate Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) into STEM
Recent Podcasts interviewing Barbara:
- Pair-a-Dimes, Dave Truss Podcast Episode #17
- Kids Deserve It Podcast #91 with Adam and Todd
- 10 Minute Teacher Episode 174 with Vicki Davis
- Personalized Learning with Matt & Courtenay Episode #17
Barbara is an author, speaker, podcaster, coach, and change maker who is passionate about transforming teaching and learning. She guides educators with Universal Design for Learning, design thinking, strategic planning, and coaching programs to create learner-centered environments. She takes personal and professional learning deeper by empowering agency for all learners by bringing creativity, joy, and innovation to learning environments. Barbara is ready to be there for you with…
- Keynotes and Speaking Engagements
- “Conversations on Learning” podcasts
- Playshops and Retreats
- Consulting and Strategic Planning
- Redesigning Learning Environments
- Writing Opportunities
- Coaching programs
- Twitter hashtag #rethink_learning