Define Your WHY: Chapter 10: WHY Your Passion can be Your Message and Grow into your WHY?
In this chapter, you may find there is one thing you didn’t think was your passion that you can then develop to be your purpose and message. There are stories about hopes and dreams, sharing what you love, spreading your message, and balancing your life. This chapter will guide you to write your One Word for the year, your Personal Bill of Rights, and your Elevator Speech.
- What is your hope? video
- Post: My #OneWord2019 Possibilities http://bit.ly/oneword-possibilities
- Post: My #OneWord2020 Gratitude http://bit.ly/oneword-gratitude
- Podcast Episode #82: Connecting by Heart with Barbara Gruener http://bit.ly/episode82-gruener
- Barbara Bray’s Personal Bill of Rights http://bit.ly/personal-rights-bray
- George Couros’s Books Innovator Mindset and Innovate in the Box
- Sketchnoting resources http://bit.ly/sketchnotining4teachers-duckworth
- Award-Winning Culture http://www.awardwinningculture.com/
- Podcast Episode #54: Create an Award-Winning Culture http://bit.ly/episode54-hansappel
- Podcast Episode #5: Running Because Kids Deserve It with Adam Welcome
- What are your hopes and dreams?
- There are so many people online who share random acts of kindness. I named a few in this chapter. What is Barbara Gruener’s WHY? Why does she describe being the KIND of a leader who others would follow?
- How did George Foreman and his WHY help Barbara Bray to fight for what she believes? Why do names mean so much to some people including George?
- Why is it important to write your personal bill of rights? What would yours say if you took the time to write one?
- When Sylvia Duckworth started sketchnoting, she had zero confidence. After reading her story, do you believe there is something you can overcome to build your confidence?
- Read Hans Appel’s story about Social-Emotional Learning and Character Education. How can you create a culture where students can find purpose and passion by bringing amazingness into the world?
- Adam Welcome wrote a post about growing your message. What advice did he share that resonated with you?
- Read through Shelly Vohra’s and my elevator speeches. How can you pitch your ideas in 100 words?
- How can your elevator speech help your WHY make a difference for others? Why would others want to learn more about you and your WHY?