Barbara offers a wide range of services that includes assessing, visioning, designing, and guiding organizations to meet their goals. Her expertise is that she sees the bigger picture and then makes it clear to all stakeholders. Let Barbara help you facilitate your school or organization design customized, sustainable learning environments that engage learners and empower educators, every step of the way. Barbara has over twenty years experience as a leader and professional developer who facilitates planning, visioning, adult learning principles, coaching, writing, and design of online communities. She has worked successfully with organizations on both a regional and global scale to personalize learning and design creative learning environments so learners can reach their fullest potential. As part of the planning process, she introduces 21st century skills and how to integrate technology into the design as a way to meet each learner’s individual needs. Barbara is also a writer, speaker and presenter on personalized learning, building learning communities, emerging educational technology resources, playshops, and more.
Flipgrid Conversation w Joyce Valenza
sharing about women in EdTech
Barbara interviewed by Shelly Terrell
Planting a Seed of Beliefs
Podcast Interview: Get Back to the Learner
Teacherpreneur Interview by Steve Hargadon
It is cost effective to bring in a consultant who sees the bigger picture and has the skills to facilitate teachers, administrators, learners, and stakeholders to build strategic plans and coaching programs that work. Let Barbara help you:
- assist with a schoolwide implementation.
- consult with leaders to review effectiveness of teaching and learning
- interview teachers and observe teaching practice
- facilitate design of learning environments
- guide development of assessment strategies
- compile and analyze assessment results
- help identify staff’s strengths and challenges
- identify teacher and student leaders
- guide shared visioning sessions with staff and school community
- facilitate redesigning personalized curriculum
Barbara understands how to do research on new ideas in education and how teaching and learning is changing. With Barbara’s background as a writer, she can help you:
- collect research on personalized learning, design-thinking, creativity, play, and passion-based learning.
- write tips on emerging practices and tools and use in the classroom.
- facilitate the design of strategic plans.
- write your final strategic plan as one voice.
- contribute articles and columns on personalized learning, creativity, joy, and passion-based learning.
- write guest posts on other people’s or organization’s blogs.
- guide the design of project-based activities with authentic and meaningful learning tasks.
- assist with articles or chapters on change in education.
- compile literature reviews.
- research and develop case studies.
Barbara is founder/owner of My eCoach where educators can join a community of practice. Teachers can join as individuals and access multiple tools, features and resources including thousands of free images. Schools and organizations can set up a team to build a team where they can create their own course, community of learners or coaching program.
Barbara has been coaching teachers on-site and online for over twenty years. With her experience and understanding of all learners especially adult learners and the learning process, she can help you:
- train and support your teacher leaders and coaches.
- provide ongoing online support for coaches.
- coach teachers on project-based learning (PBL).
- observe teachers during projects and provide feedback.
- model PBL in the classroom.
- coach teacher and student leaders.
- support ePortfolio work.
Presentations, Keynotes, Webinars
Are you looking for speaker who can inspire and build understanding? Have you hoped for a speaker who knows how to facilitate good questions that lead to good discussions? Consider one of these presentations from this list:
- Personalize Learning (as part of Personalize Learning, LLC with Kathleen McClaskey)
- Why Joy Matters
- Passion-Based Learning
- Design-Thinking Process
- Transforming Spaces to Makerspaces
- Facilitation Skills for the Online Community
- Inquiry-based Lessons
- Project-based Learning Activities
- Building a Community of Practice
- Building Trust in your Online Community
- The ePortfolio Process
Barbara changes how we learn with playshops that range from three hours to one week sessions. Barbara customizes any of the following playshops by planning with your teacher leaders.
- Project-Based Learning Playshops
- Developing a Challenge with Makerspaces
- Using the Design-Thinking Process
- Tell Your Story with Digital Storytelling
- Use Twitter to Set up your PLN
- Personalize Curriculum Matched to Common Core Standards
- Design your ePortfolio