Barbara offers a wide range of services that includes assessing, visioning, designing, and guiding organizations to meet their goals. Her expertise is that she sees the bigger picture and then makes it clear to all stakeholders. Let Barbara help you facilitate your school or organization design customized, sustainable learning environments that engage learners and empower educators, every step of the way.
Barbara has over twenty years experience as a professional developer who facilitates planning, visioning, adult learning principles, coaching, writing, and design of online communities. She has worked successfully with organizations on both a regional and global scale to personalize learning and design creative learning environments so learners can reach their fullest potential. As part of the planning process, she introduces 21st century skills and how to integrate technology into the design as a way to meet each learner’s individual needs. Barbara is also a writer, speaker and presenter on personalized learning, building learning communities, emerging educational technology resources, playshops, and more.
It is cost effective to bring in a consultant who sees the bigger picture and has the skills to facilitate teachers, administrators, students, and stakeholders to build strategic plans and coaching programs that work. Let Barbara help you:
- assist with a schoolwide implementation.
- consult with leaders to review effectiveness of teaching and learning
- interview teachers and observes teaching practice
- facilitate design of learning environments
- guide development of assessment strategies
- compile and analyze assessment results
- help identify staff’s strengths and weaknesses
- identify teacher leaders and student experts
- guide shared visioning sessions with staff and school community
- facilitate redesigning personalized curriculum
Barbara understands how to do research on new ideas in education and how teaching and learning is changing. With Barbara’s background as a writer, she can help you:
- collect research on personalized learning.
- write tips on emerging technologies and their use in the classroom.
- facilitate the design of strategic plans.
- write your final strategic plan as one voice.
- contribute articles and columns on personalized learning, creativity and joy, and emerging technologies.
- review apps to determine best apps for learning.
- write guest posts on other people’s or organization’s blogs.
- design personalized curriculum matched to Common Core Standards.
- assist with articles or chapters on change in education.
- participate in grant writing and grooming support.
- compile literature reviews.
- research and develop case studies.
Barbara has been coaching teachers on-site and online for over twenty years. With her experience and understanding of all learners especially adult learners and the learning process, she can help you:
- train and support your teacher leaders and coaches.
- provide ongoing online support for coaches.
- coach teachers on project-based learning (PBL).
- observe teachers during project and provides feedback.
- support action research and lesson study.
- model PBL in the classroom.
- coach teacher and student leaders.
- support ePortfolio work.
Presentations and Webinars
Are you looking for speaker who can inspire and build understanding? Have you hoped for a speaker who knows how to facilitate good questions that lead to good discussions? Consider one of these presentations from this list:
- Personalized Learning Toolkits (with Kathleen McClaskey)
- Why Joy Matters
- iPads in the Classroom
- The Flipped Classroom
- Understanding Social Media for Education
- Apps for Different Subjects and Activities
- Setting up 20% Time
- Web 2.0 in the Classroom
- Facilitation Skills for the Online Community
- Individual Learning Plans
- Inquiry-based Lessons
- Project-based Learning Activities
- Cool Web 2.0 Tools and Apps
- Introducing WebQuests
- Creating your Digital Footprint
- Collaborative Global Projects
- Building Trust in your Online Community
- Overview of Digital Storytelling
- The ePortfolio Process
Barbara changes how we learn with playshops that range from three hours to one week sessions. Barbara customizes any of the following playshops by planning with your teacher leaders.
- Project-Based Learning Playshops
- Telling your Story with Technology (with Sara Armstrong)
- Using iPads to Tell Stories
- How You can Flip Your Classroom
- Collect the Right Apps for your Class
- Create a Class Website
- Tell Your Story with Digital Storytelling
- Create and Protect your Digital Footprint
- Use Social Media to Set up your PLN
- Personalize Curriculum Matched to Common Core Standards
- Design your ePortfolio