The Personalized Learning Toolkit includes resources that can help your school or organization personalize learning for all learners. You can use this toolkit to:
- help you understand the language around personalizing learning.
- provide background knowledge of the differences of Personalization vs. Differentiation vs. Individualization.
- understand Universal Design for Learning as the foundation to create Personalized Learning Environments.
- realize that there are three stages of Personalized Learning Environments.
- design Learner Profiles and Personal Learning Backpacks.
- guide change with the Stages of Concern about Personalized Learning.
- have the research and resources to support your journey to personalize learning.
Personalization vs Differentiation vs Individualization (PDI) Chart (V3)
This is version 3 of the PDI chart with revisions and a facelift based on feedback from educators around the world. We use this chart as a tool for your stakeholders to discuss the differences between these terms and to provide a clearer picture about the terms as they develop a shared vision to personalize learning. Go to this page for details.
Report detailing Personalization vs Differentiation vs Individualization
We created this report (version 3) to explain in detail the components of the chart and the differences between the terms.
Stages of Personalized Learning Environments Version 5
We use the stages to define what teacher-centered, learner-centered and learner-driven environments look like. To move from traditional teaching to stage one is overwhelming. We created the stages to provide schools and organizations an overview of what each component of a stage can be.
CBAM: Stages of Concern about Personalized Learning
Change is not easy. If you are planning to transform learning to a personalized learning environment, this adapted chart will help you define the stages of concern when you go through the change process. We added descriptions for each stage along with strategies to guide change.