May 16, 2012 Posted by Barbara Bray in Change, Educational Models, Learning Environments, Personalized Learning
Stages of Personalized Learning Environments (updated)by Barbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskey Please go to the Personalize Learning website for all information on personalizing learning. In attempting to transform teaching and learning to personalized learning, consider where you are currently and envision which stage you can see feasible for your school, district or community. The Stages of Personalized Learning Environments (PLE) Versions 1 and 2 chart needed to be updated. Why? Because of the considerable feedback we received after posting our first version of the chart. Some of the feedback was about consistency and flow across the stages. What worked in what stage? We definitely want to thank those that critiqued the stages for us and helped us with this version two. Some districts shared with us that our version one was going to be their foundation of their personalized learning initiative. We wanted to refine it so it was clear, consistent, and easily understood. We went to work to update the stages for them and anyone else moving to a personalized learning environment. Please feel free and let us know how it supports your transformation to personalizing learning. Download the chart below for free: http://eepurl.com/fLJZM
Link to Slideshare of Stages of Personalized Learning Environments v2 Some questions to consider before embarking on your journey to personalize learning:
- Why do you want to personalize learning for your learners?
- What problems or needs have you identified in your school, organization and/or community?
- What data can you show that demonstrates the need to personalize learning?
- What does teaching and learning look like now?
- What are stakeholders beliefs about learning and change?
- Why is it critical for your organization and/or community to change now?
- What challenges or obstacles do you envision as you move to personalizing learning?
- What do you envision for your personalized learning environment?
All feedback is welcome and appreciated. Most of the comments have been through email, on Scoopit and other social media. We are keeping a link to the slideshare of Version One here for your reference.Stages of personalized learning environments (version one) originally published on May 7, 2012-